Sunday, February 10, 2008

Shorter 'Long' Run....

........but with a fast 4km finish over the hills & far away!

Program : 16 - 18km . Last 4km fast.

Anyone who reads here knows by now that Range Road is a hilly road! So why was I so cruelly asked to make the last 4km 'fast'?

11:30a.m. start : cool morning 21 degrees, mostly cloudy, good breeze, more traffic than usual at that late hour : a stream of Jaguar cars off to a rally & then a long line of bikers on huge motor bikes swept past. They all wave now as we fleetingly see each other every Sunday. I think Ewen, with his spies, could've been amongst them today...there was a big, shiny, blue Kawasaka (or whatever it's called)) just like his!

(2 x 5km) + (2 x 4km) = 18km (Ewen will correct me if I'm wrong as I sometimes am!).

10km in 1:20

5km Splits 39:46; 40:00.

AHR = 110 (74%).

8km in 1:04.

4km splits 33:00; 27:09....negative split 6 minutes! Ha! Ha!

AHR =117 (79%).

Total Distance = 18km

Time = 2hours 24 minutes.

For the Week 36km ( an easy week where I took an extra rest day).

3 comments:

  1. That Ewen is a tough coach. Cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tough run LL. Helps the strength in the legs, so there is a good reason for it. Only 2 months away now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrong again. One of my spies was riding the Kawasaki, which mine is not! Mine is a Suzuki!!

    Yes, I rarely use two exclamation marks.

    ReplyDelete