Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Week 16 of 23 to Canberra Marathon.

.....I must be feeling well again if I can still do my Cool Running "Avatar" stretch! And I did.... at the end of an easy run this morning.
Program : 4 - 6 km 'easy' running.
I did this morning's short 'comeback' run on the deep, spongy grass in Renwick soccer field. This location is a great surface, not only easy on the knees etc, but also for ensuring that you must lift your legs up & out of the thick turf. So, even though I did only 6km, my legs were nicely tired at the finish.
Distance = 6km in 55 minutes. AHR = 104 (70%); MHR = 127 (85%).
To add some variety, during the 4th & 5th kms I ran 100m strides (my version of) on the long sides & walked/jogged the short sides. Probably 10 of these, but as Ewen will tell you, I can't count past 2!
Finished off with stretching on the grass, including The Avatar. Overcast, hot when the sun came through 24 degrees; humid.
A Good Starting Up Again Session!

1 comment:

  1. If I did that stretch the chiro would have to get me back up again.

    ReplyDelete