Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Medium/Long Run with Negative Split.....

....another version of "My Avatar" stretch....definitely a 'positive' split!
Program : Medium/Long Run. 10 - 12km. Negative split or faster if feeling good.
I wouldn't dare not feel good, so for a negative split there was no option other than to do it!
12 km in 1 hour 40 minutes.
AHR = 109 (74%); MHR = 126 (85%).
6km splits = 52:22; 47:35. Yeah! Negative split = 4:47
The second 6km was one helluva hard slog, driven by the fear of 'not making it'! Diamond Fields Road is also in one helluva mess : rutted like moon craters, rocks & stones awaiting the unwary. This makes the run all the more difficult; slipping, swerving at the last minute to avoid tripping or falling into one of the many 'craters'. Aching legs tonight adhere to the fact that I was literally jumping from post to pillar....almost!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic run and negative split LL - especially the split on your stretch photo - phew, looks impressive! Your marathon training is going so well - that coach of yours is a hard task master!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that stretch would kill me. I'd like to see Ewen neg split a run on the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great run LL. Finishing strongly is such a confidence booster.

    The only way I could do that stretch is with the assistance of Photoshop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flake, no neg splits for me - I subscribe to your style of running - always positive splits.

    The Avatar 11 is impressive. Do you need Jim to turn you over before you can get up? Personally, I prefer The Grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma, you never cease to astound me.

    ReplyDelete