Friday, February 29, 2008

Chev Track....

.......Best 6 laps so far! Only problem : I should have done 8!

Program : 1.5km warm-up. Drills. Strides. Short Rest.

8 laps lane 8, sitting on AHR 123, timing each 2 laps.

Warm-down.

After having sent today's results to Ewen & boasting about how well I ran today, I checked the program only to see I should have run 8 laps....not 6! Now I'm having a major meltdown! In any case, today's 6 laps were 1 minute 20 seconds faster, at the same heart rate, than last Friday's, so in one way, I think it was a good mistake because I was able to make a comparision with last week's track session....& that's my excuse!

6 Laps of lane 8 in 16 minutes 58 seconds.

2 lap splits = 5:36; 5:39; 5:42

AHR = 121 (82%); MHR = 126 (85%).

Distance = 2.56km.

After the warm-up etc..I could see that most of the lanes had almost disappeared into the uncut grass. I gathered an armfull of pine cones from around the grounds & placed them in lane 8 wherever there was a danger of going 'off track'. This worked well &, big surprise, I didn't go astray at all.

Distance today = 5.6km

1 comment:

  1. Asking you to run 8 laps instead of 6 was a test of your comprehension. You failed. However, your improved time compared to last Friday rated a pass.

    Have fun on your short long run tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete