Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Medium/Long Run.

Program : 10 - 12km....run as you feel. If good, negative split or faster.

What a nerve...asking me to run faster than a negative split!

10km in 1 hour 17 minutes.

1st 5km in 41:35. AHR = 103 (70%).
2nd 5km in 36:22. AHR = 117 (80%).

Negative split = 5 minutes! Ha! Ha! Hee! Hee! Dit it!!

Brilliant morning to run : cool, very light misty rain, slight southerly on the return. Temp. top 21 degrees. I was fully determined to get that negative split so I took the first 5km easy & then pushed hard (what I call hard) on the way back. I might have done better but I had to be very careful , especially as I sped (?) downhills, of the many rocks & stones on Diamond Fields Road after recent rain. This all felt good & left me feeling quite pleased with myself!

Distance Today = 10km

4 comments:

  1. Goodness me LL, that is certainaly a negative split worth crowing about. Great work. You must have been nicely warmed up for the 2nd 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I say that? Must have had one too many Boags.

    Yes, you did it! Don't get too fast or you might have to wait at 25k for the bike path course to open in the Canberra Marathon ;)

    Goofnight Champ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great session. If my maths is correct that's a minute a km faster in the second half.

    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help but put a positive spin on a negative split, hey LL ;)

    ReplyDelete