Sunday, March 02, 2008

End of an Easy Week....







.....and back to 'serious' training in the week ahead!

Program for today : Medium/Long Run. 14km.

First 4km easy, last 10km at a 'good effort'.

And a 'good effort' it took to avoid stumbling on the rocks, tree roots, stones, etc on Diamond Fields Road.

1st 4km warm-up in 34 minutes. AHR = 106 (72%).

10km at a 'good effort', given the roughness of the trail & a few mighty hills, a 'very good effort' in 73 minutes.

AHR = 116 (78%). MHR = 125 (84%).


Perfect weather conditions to compensate for the awful road conditions : cool, overcast, misty rain towards the finish of the session. I really enjoyed the 10km and, even though my time points to the contrary, I felt like I was running strong & fast the entire time. Downhill, I thought I would run out of sight but decided to save that for Canberra Marathon!
Warm-down 1km making Total Distance = 15km
Distance for an easy week = 36.6km

No comments:

Post a Comment