Sunday, March 16, 2008

Long Rocky Run...

I think this is the last of the long runs before Canberra Marathon.....4 weeks from today!

Program : 24km (3 or 4 more if feeling good).

I decided on 3 x 9km loops, knowing/hoping I'd be feeling good! The dirt road, however, is in such need of repair that I walked a lot for fear of tripping (again!) on rocks, tree roots etc. For all other runs between now & the marathon, except for Chev track, I'll drive along Range Road to Glenquarry, then down the Macquarie Pass where there are flat stretches of sealed road. This will add quite a bit of extra time to each day's session but very little traffic, plenty of shade, flat stretches of road &.... better to be safe than sorry! After today's rocky road run, my knees are 'killing' me!

1st 9km loop in 1:19 (hrs. mins.!) AHR = 59%; MHR = 77%.

2nd 9km loop in 1:18 " " AHR = 55%; MHR = 79%.

3rd 9km loop in 1:19 " " AHR = 66%; MHR = 85%.

Distance today = 27km.

Distance this week = 47km.

5 comments:

  1. Shouldn't that be a 3 week taper LL? So you have one more at Easter before Canberra. Lets see what supercoach says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought 4 weeks was a long taper. But then you are one or two years older than me. Good luck .

    See you in 2009 as I am off to the Dr today for a check up on my arm. I am not happy with the amount of pain I have got right now, 2 weeks after the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knew you were going to feel good - I like your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Untitled?

    Flake, the long taper is due to a race next weekend, so no long run. Champ needs to get the knees, legs and other bits and pieces feeling good. This takes a while once you get over 48 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL, you are an absolute inspiration. I dont read your blog often enough but I always enjoy it when I do and I'm in awe of your commitment and drive. I was sorry not to have met you in Melbourne-maybe I'll be luckier in Canberra.
    Good luck with the taper and the marathon.
    David

    ReplyDelete