Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Walking Wounded....

At 6kms today I triped on some rocks & fell...again & hard! I can stand the sight of blood, except when it's my own so I sat dazed for about 5 minutes in the middle of Diamond Fields Road wondering how on earth to stop my knee bleeding & if I could get myself up & going again. I tied a few tissues to my knee with a piece of long strong grass & managed to haul myself up off the ground, cursing in the vilest possible way!

Powered by GoodWidgets.com
Not just my knee, but also grazed the palm of my right hand and, to make a good job of it, the right side of my face as well!

Program : Medium/Long Run 12 - 14km. If feeling good, a negative split.

7km out in 58:25
AHR = 62%; MHR = 78%.

7km back in 55:27.
AHR = 72%; MHR = 82%.

Distance for today = 14km... & Yes! A negative split of 2:58.

Almost finished when I was spotted by the owner of a property on Diamond Fields Road.... difficult to miss the bloodied knee & grazed face! Unknown to me, they've been leaving what they call "Norma's Mug" & drink at their front gates, but I hadn't seen them there. Now, they're leaving bandages, antiseptic solution etc in one of their stables, also 'my mug' & drinks in the stable fridge which usually only has carrots in it for the horses! Goodness me! There are some kind-hearted people in this part of the world!

A slow run when I thought all was going well : 'The mountain brought forth a mouse'!

Ewen has asked me to check if the label isn't : "Norma's a mug"!!


6 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Thank goodness for nice neighbours. Now, for goodness sake be careful - not long now and I want to cheer you to the finish line! At least it's good to know that someone out there is looking out for you and you won't go thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. The red badge of courage. Now stop attacking those poor defenceless rocks with your knee!

    Hope it doesn't hurt for too long.

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful of those people. How cute!!

    I hope you are feeling better and healing OK....

    Miss Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tissues and long grass - very innovative! You'd do well on Survivor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a terrible photo (of Diamond Fields Rd) - I didn't realise it was that rocky! It makes Six Foot look like a six-lane highway.

    Get them to leave a couple of beers in the fridge as well! And maybe some chalk to draw an outline of you on the road next time you fall down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shot of the road has a definite redish tinge. Is that from all your blood?

    Makes me glad I always run on a cement path.

    Look after yourself now.

    ReplyDelete