Friday, April 04, 2008

Chev Track....






Arriving at Chev track mid morning, all the ovals & grounds, including "my" track were being set up for tomorrow's NSW Schools Cross Country Championships! What to do?


Not to worry! One of the friendly grounds people told me I could lower two sections of the tapes which stretched across all lanes & out to the boundary of the oval. This was a big help as I didn't fancy my chances of going over or under them safely! And hurdles were not on the program anyhow!


Program : 1.5km warm-up. Usual drills & strides.

6 laps, Lane 8 (420m), sitting on HR 123. Time each 2 laps.


I've had what I thought might be a head cold for the past couple of days but now I think it's change of season allergy with sneezing etc. Tablets from the chemist help but I think I'll use it & the tablets as my excuse for being slow today. And that would have to be on the very day I've been asked to compare today's times, heart rate, etc. with the same sessions done during the past few weeks. Eeek!


6 laps in 17:09.

AHR = 129....but I don't believe that, because there were spikes all over the place on Motion Based for the first half.

MHR = 170...if that's the case, I'm dead without knowing it.


Laps = 5:32; 5:49; 5:47


Compared with the previous 2 sessions of this type, I ran 1:04 slower today.
Glorious morning & all day here : blue skies, not a single cloud & warm following a freezing early morning.....so the radio man said. I wouldn't be out to know about it!

3 comments:

  1. You could have pretended it was winners tape and run straight through it LL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while since I've read any blogs LL - but one thing I knew I could be sure of is that you would be powering on - noice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time leave the tapes across the track - good practise for an attempt on the W75 steeplechase world record.

    I call you "a very slightly older shiela", or "Luckylegasauras" (Rex).

    ReplyDelete