Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Last Long Run...for now!




Program : 10km. First 7km 'easy'. Last 3km @ 7:25 pace.

....the start on the East Bowral cycle path. I chose it to avoid steep hills & to settle for a few long inclines instead. A nice morning, 21 degrees, slight southerly wind.


First 7k OK. Turn around at 5km & with 3km to go I stopped timing, clicked new lap to get a separate reading on Motion Based for this section and.....forgot to start timing!! Bugger!!!!!! That really does deserve 6 exclamation marks, Ewen. And so I ended up with only 1.77km showing on the Garmin instead of 3k.

1.77km (of 3k) in 13: 14. Avg. Pace = 7:29. AHR = 113 (76%).

Distance today = 10km
Distance for the week = 28km

This time next week...it'll be all over!



5 comments:

  1. All over ..... there is always the next one after that.

    I'm sure our paths will cross in Canberra. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it all is now. I'm tired. See you in Canberra LL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to talk to you on the phone this morning LL's...

    Be even greater to see you next Sunday, especially after the big run :o)

    GRIFFIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how we become so obsessive about things like timing and measuring our runs :)

    Enjoy your week. Tapering ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This time next week you'll be staggering back to the hotel from the 'post race party', after celebrating another brilliant marathon!

    I'm saving my six exclamation marks for when I see your new hairdo.

    ReplyDelete