Friday, May 09, 2008

Disaster on Track.....






.....nothing would have helped today!

Meaningful? Yes, but I don't know what!

Unexpected? You bet!

Exciting? Not!

A suggestion from Ewen found me on the track at Chevalier all ready to run 6 to 7km 'upper aerobic' with heart rate 80-85% & after that 5 to 8 X 120m sprints. You'd think I'd know by now, but anyhow I'd asked for tips for the last 2 weeks before SMH Half Marathon, Sunday week.

Try as I might, I couldn't get a heart rate reading anywhere near that high, averaging only 62%! I stopped in disgust at 5.5km & moved on to the sprints. Thankfully, this was a better session though I hope there were no "spies" nearby checking my 'technique'!

Worse was yet to come!

After downloading this rubbish to Motion Based, the Garmin "died" & no wonder! Not a single expression on its face, not even a farewell smile! However, one more e-mail & I was re-directed to a thread on the CR message board where the answer lay....press Mode & Lap simultaneously and behold, the 305 started to breathe again & is now well enough to be taken off life-support altogether!

Who would have thought it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm relieved Mr G-armin responded to CPR.

    You 'forgot' to mention your dismal attempt at a harder run on the track was due to running hard the previous day. Even non-ancient runners never attempt that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't you hate it when it seems your gadgets have died - its so distressing. It happend to my iPod a couple of weeks before Canberra and although with a bit of fiddling it started working again I just HAD to go and get a backup one just in case.

    Luckily iPods are way cheaper than Garmins, can only afford one of those. Glad yours came back to life.

    See you next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL - you will have to do the 2P course in MGR (mouth to garmin resucitation) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What to do with a Garmin, which can't be resuscitated though. ??

    Lucky I have my 405, and it has remained in Good Health.

    ReplyDelete