Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things Change!



....and just as well that they do. After last Friday's miserable effort, I went to Chev track today ready to shoot or die!

As it turned out I didn't have to do either because I reckon I did a really, really good session!

After 1.5km warm-up & a couple of drills:

6 x 150m ....fast, but with good form in case Ewen's spies were lurking nearby! Recovery walk back to the start after each one.

Then the "piece de resistance"** that I so messed up last Friday: 4 - 5km 'upper aerobic' & this time I worked the old heart rate up to where it should be i.e. 132 (86%). I stopped at 4km because I didn't want to run a bad 5th kilometre! Next session I'll make it 5k just to see what my 5km time is.

1km laps were 6:10; 6:13; 6:19; 6:07 giving an average pace of 6:10 & that's pretty good for an "ancient"!!

**I don't know how to put the French accents on!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ewen had a spy there all right! Her name is Norma, and she tells Ewen everything that you do. Never misses anything... :-)

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you got the HR up LL. Those were pretty good times and so consistent. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spy sent me the following text:

    "Magnifique fonctionnant sous forme exquise!"

    ReplyDelete