Sunday, September 07, 2008

Medium Aerobic Long Run...

...from railway bridge, Aylmerton



....the road back.....

14km @ AHR 79%. Negative split this - easy first half, harder second half.

7km out from Mittagong to Aylmerton...time 59 minutes.

AHR = 71%; MHR = 73%.

7km return...time 54 minutes....negative split = 5 minutes!

AHR = 71%; MHR = 83%.

To hurry things along for the 7km back because I was getting tired - Aylmerton was all uphill - I decided to alternate fast strides with slow jogging from each of the white posts (pic above) along the side of the road! At a guess, they are placed roughly every 100m or so, some longer, some shorter & that's how I got the negative split for sure!

This session finishes Week I, which has the highest mileage (of a 3 week plan) that I repeat over & over!

Distance for the week = 62km

2 comments:

  1. 5 minutes! Are you sure one of the landowners didn't stop you for a chat on the way out?

    ReplyDelete