Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here They Are.......




...my new runners, 'Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8'! Cool colours!


I liked Robert Song's comment that 'the first run in a new pair of shoes is one of life's finest pleasures'....and so it is!


Today's Proram : 12km...try for a negative split if feeling good.


For a change I was feeling really good this morning! Here's my negative split, I thought. On Old South Road at 9:15a.m - early for me these days - & a nice comfortable pace out for 6km.

6km in 46:20

I felt like a cold drink at the turn around, but hadn't carried anything with me & the morning was heating up just when I had to put a spurt on & get back in under 46:20. About 1km into this section, I could see a girl runner coming in the opposite direction & in this part of the world that's like seeing an alien from outer space!


She stopped & asked, "Do you know where I am?" Well, I did of course, but I had no idea of where she wanted to be! Turned out she was completely lost, trying to get back to Bowral but heading in the opposite direction towards Sydney! She decided to jog along with me & turned out she is an au pair from Germany working for a family in Bowral.


The poor girl was so exhausted she dropped off & decided to walk. That would be the first time anyone has had to drop off from my pace! Imagine anyone not being able to keep up with me....gave me quite a thrill!
When I got back to the car, I drove back hoping to find her & give her a lift into Bowral. She wasn't anywhere on the road in either direction, so I think she probably hitched a ride back in. It's very rare that I meet someone in a worse state than myself!


6km back in 46:27!!!!!!


Missing the negative split by 7 seconds! Damn!!


The new shoes handled the 12km well so I'm very pleased with my new purchase.




4 comments:

  1. Nice new wheels LuckyLegs! I bought a new pair of Mizuno's from the Sydney Running Centre last week too. I actually bought them over the phone after chewing Julian's ear off for about 20 minutes LOL - they have always been really helpful in there and I like to support the locals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! She dropped off! I can imagine the thrill. You are the champion! Why are there no au pair girls where I run?

    Bugger about the colours. Now you'll have to buy a gold running skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some of those, number 5 or 6 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez. So now you've taken to burning off poor unsuspecting young girls. Heartless I say, heartless!
    See what a new pair of shoes does to you... :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete