Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yesterday, not fully recovered from Sunday's horrible run, I caught an early train to Sydney & then to Edgecliff to the "Sydney Running Centre" to buy new running shoes. Best decision! Julian, the owner I think, first had me walk around the shop without shoes, finding that, as I thought, I'm a normal pronator needing a new stability shoe.....no major problems!

I must have tried on 3 or 4 different brands & models, walked around the store & then told to go for a run around Edgecliff shopping centre in each pair! The final decision was easy but surprised me beause, in the past, I've always gone for the Asics 20/21 series but as soon as I tried on the Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8, light & a snug fit.....that was it!

I wore them today & all good.

Program : 5km ...as you feel.

I still felt tired today but the shoes were very comfortable.

5km in 37:46...with a few hills on the way out & back.

2 comments:

  1. Photo please! New shoes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first run in a new pair of shoes is one of life's finer pleasures.

    ReplyDelete