Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Heavy Rain, Heavier Legs....




Legs felt like lumps of lead on the road this morning! Light rain to start, but increased as time went by as it does ......ever so slowly when I'm running!



Program : 18km....6km warm-up then 8km at marathon pace (for me that's 7:45); 4km very easy warm-down.



Warm-up 6km OK except my legs felt tired & heavy right from the start.
Time = 51:48. AHR = 66%; MHR = 77%.

8km @ marathon pace (7:45) : Time = 62 minutes. Avg. Pace = 7:46!!
AHR = 75%; MHR = 84%.
Laps = 7:49; 8:12; 8:04; 7:25; 7:40; 7:35; 7:45; 7:51


This 8km section of Old South Road, after the turn off to Aylmerton Road, I haven't run in a long while, so I was a bit taken aback to find it was all up & down hill! I'd been hoping for a flat surface for the 8km at marathon pace....it would have been easier!

I got the pacing fairly OK but I can't say it was easy running except when there was a flat stretch of road...then all good!


4km warm-down in 35 minutes.

Total of 18km today....feeling pretty miserable by the time I finished - soaked & tired!








1 comment:

  1. Well done on sticking it out AND running at marathon pace even in the rain. At least it avoids the sunburn!!

    ReplyDelete