Friday, May 08, 2009

Blisters....Bugger!

I did today's run with orthotics in my usual shoes, got to 6km & could feel blisters forming in the arches of both feet! This I do not need! I sat down, took the offending orthotics out of my shoes & finished the run comfortably without them.

Program : 12km @ AHR 82% Upper Aerobic Run.

At 6km having taken out the othortics from my shoes, I ran very comfortably without them for the return 6km. At home I looked at the damage & saw a very large blister on the inside arch of my good left foot & a smaller one, same place on my not good right foot! So there go the orthotics for now. I'm hoping the blisters will have gone by Sunday week. I've put blister block over both...tomorrow will tell if this temporarily fixes the problem.

12km run.
6km from the car in 47:20
AHR 79%; MHR 90%
6km return in 44:56
AHR 83%; MHR 92%.
Neg. Split 2:24



1 comment:

  1. Someone once told me that "blister block" works well.

    You better get yourself sorted before SMH or you'll be the one with the police car on your tail, not me!

    ReplyDelete