Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Track...

Instead of going to Chev track I used the soccer field for today's training. I began running in #3 Frees, but soon discarded them to run barefoot on the lush, damp grass.

Program : 2km warm-up; stretches, strides, light drills.
16 x 100m with slow jog recovery between each. MHR of 133 (88%) on strides.

After the warm-up etc I did the strides down the long side of the soccer field, exactly 100m & jogged back to the start after each one. By #16 I was happy to finish!


Fastest stride was #12 in 26 seconds. AHR 128 (85%) Highest heart rate for the entire session was 140 (93%).


Finished with a few stretches on the grass on a beautiful, sunny Autumn day!

1 comment:

  1. Running on cool damp grass in this weather with NO shoes, you are braver than me!

    ReplyDelete