Sunday, June 07, 2009

For a Change...Range Road!



Powered by GoodWidgets.com

I hadn't forgotten how hilly Range Road is, but I had forgotten how many there are & how badly I feel coming back up from Glenquarry. There definitely should be a chair lift for that hill in particular! I took a few photos as an excuse to stop!

I'd decided to make this run a long one : 20km : - 10k from Mittagong & the same return.

The first 10km along Range Road to Glenquarry (7k) & then 3km of winding road down Tourist Drive/Macquarie Pass. That was O.k but coming back up I thought I'd just lie down & wait for someone to come to my aid! However, fear of being run down by speeding cars & motor cycles on blind corners soon put that to rest!

So once again : plod/jog/walk back up to Glenquarry, then to be faced with an almost vertical hill from there to the top of the road into Mittagong. I was feeling awfully tired; didn't take water, but found a tap to drink from. Even though it was cold & windy, I had a terrible thirst & I don't think there was much water left in the tank by the time I finished drinking!

Anyhow, it's done now & apart from feeling half dead & new blisters on top of the SMH Half ones, it was an interesting, hilly run....2 hours 52 minutes 38 seconds to do 20km!!!

When I explained to Ewen how dreadfully tired I was, he came up with an excellent suggestion for the tiredness : " don't go to bed tonight in case you don't wake up in the morning!" Cute, isn't he?

For this week 54km.






2 comments:

  1. The Runners Shop in Canberra has their June sale now on, they have just started the adverts on the telly, Brian saying there is no sale, the staff saying there is, Always coming up with a twist for their ads.

    Just in case you wear your shoes out with all the discance you are running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm especially cute in my orange ensemble ;)

    I remember those scenes - and the Range Road 'wall'!

    ReplyDelete