Friday, July 17, 2009

An Upper Aerobic Run...

....that became a 'lower aerobic' run!

Program : 12km @ AHR 82%.

I didn't have what's required in the legs to get heart rate up to 80%+ for any decent length of time in today's 12km run. It was a cold & windy mid-day when I started & my legs were still a bit weary ...from yesterday's strides work out I think. So....

12km @ AHR 70%; MHR 78%
Avg. pace 7:32; Best 4:46


I've just about got used to the recent change I made in running shoes...i.e. to the Newton Trainer; today was the longest continuous run in them. I very much like the feel of running lighter/faster (?) that they give but they take some getting used to, short distances first; then the longer stuff. So far no problems running with them over the past 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Secret shoe weapons! How am I going to stay ahead of you in the Blackmores Half?

    ReplyDelete