Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yes, I Can!



I jogged up & down this 400m stretch of road called 'Radio Road' so as to stay out of the wind & catch the sun as it came & went from under the clouds.

This was my first run since coming down with the worst cold ever, 11 days ago & it's still hanging around waiting to resurface & knock me down again!

So it was a struggle even to force myself to start running again this morning & I was sorely tempted over the last few days to hang up the boots for good, but then I thought : that's being really weak; get out & try & see how you go....and I'm gald I did because I enjoyed this easy jog & now I'm thinking I'm back again 'for the term of my natural life'!

I jogged easily for 7km.
AHR 67%
Time 55 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Great! You can't hang up the boots - you've got 8 pairs of unused ones under the bed.

    I received that sentence too. It's a good one :)

    Goofnight and sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! That's great to hear LL

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's plenty of ups and downs in life, as well as in running.

    Now you're on the up cycle again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you LL! You are going to outlive Ewen's toaster.

    ReplyDelete