Friday, August 28, 2009

I Could Have Run Better.....


...I'd like to think it was because I couldn't use the track at Chev today...athletics carnival on when I drove in.....on MY track!

I drove further through the grounds so as to use one of their soccer fields in Meadow One...the best solution I could think of rather than drive home & return tomorrow. Tomorrow, I want to take a rest day as I haven't had one this week & then run long on Sunday.

So....I didn't run as well as other 3 weekly Friday sessions; didn't get heart rate up & took longer to complete the 5km. On July 31 my time was 30:43 & AHR 136 (86%); MHR 142 (89%).

Today: 2km warm-up; drills & a couple of strides.
5km
Time 33:23
AHR 125 (79%); MHR 135 (85%)


I did my best & anyhow, at last all the lanes will be marked next time I'm at Chev, not just lane 7.

Distance Today = 7km

2 comments:

  1. Norma ,

    I was 400m from you in Kevera Park in Burradoo today for the last three days - about to blog my runs. I saw the athletics on the bottom oval and wondered where you would go when the oval was being used.

    Plu

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare they have a carnival on your track! Nice of them to re-mark the lanes for you though.

    Don't overcook the long one tomorrow - especially if it's damp and windy.

    ReplyDelete