Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A 7km Spiral Run.......


Another training session at Chev so as to run on the grass in bare feet.

To make running in circles a bit more interesting, I ran something like what's called called a "Spiral" 7km; i.e. starting in Lane 1 and running one lane further out on each lap till I got to lane 8. I reversed direction then and ran one lane at a time from Lane 8 to Lane 1. I don't know if that's clear or not but it helped pass the time!

Only hiccup was I had to stop briefly about half way through to move the car out of the way of the garbage truck!

7km....Hard.
Time 46:09
AHR 125 (79%); MHR 150 (95%)
1km Splits: 8:09; 7:17; 6:41; 6:12; 6:06; 5:58; 5:41


I expect that last kilometre at 5:41 will be sufficient to give Ewen a bit of a scare for Blackmores Half Marathon!!


2 comments:

  1. You're right! That was faster than any of the kilometres I ran today. I might just have a sleep-in then walk to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll set you up nicely fot the Vets Track and Field, Spiral Handicaps.

    ReplyDelete