Friday, October 02, 2009

Getting Some Speed Going....Well trying!

I used the track at Chev College this morning for today's session which was :-

3km warm-up. A few Drills & strides.

5 x 1km at half marathon pace; 2 minutes rest between each kilometre.

6:12; 6:09; 6:07; 6:10; 6:09


I had 'Virtual Partner' on the Garmin set for 6:23/km, which would be far more realistic for the half in Melbourne, but competition got the better of me and I just had to win every time! It wasn't a difficult pace for 5 x 1km; 21.1km might be another story!

I think it was good training for faster pacing anyhow!

2 comments:

  1. You're fast. How come? Were you just born fast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a good pace - looking good for Melbourne. Maybe the weather will be warmer there?

    ReplyDelete