Thursday, October 01, 2009

A Tired 10km.....


After yesterday's brisk walk, I got stuck into the garden again and remade an entire garden that was fast disappearing under grass. With pick, shovel & mattock, I hammered, dug & swung the pick for the best part of 5 hours and, I have to say I made a pretty good job of it too! Looking good now with flowering azaleas that I transferred from another garden where they weren't doing so well; camellia and lilac trees in bloom giving shade the azaleas need and replacing them with many bright orange clivia under the silver bark birch trees.

However, when I got up this morning and all day and even now at night I have the sorest butt ever known to woman! I guess this is from forcing the spade into the hard ground hundreds of times! Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the finished work and it looks a lot better than before. Very pretty, in fact!

But, back to training :

10km.....big struggle; just too tired! some long walk breaks; but I covered the distance and that's the best that can be said about today's session!

Distance 10km
Time 1:25!!
AHR 68%; MHR 83%.


Hot & windy day, but rain forecast for the entire weekend!

Today's distance 10km




No comments:

Post a Comment