Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SMC Half Marathon, Sunday 20th December.

A bit late with this report, but I was waiting for the results to come up on the website. I now have my official time of 2 hours 24 minutes 53 seconds. From the website.

I left Mittagong just after 5:00 a.m. (up at 4:00a.m!) so as to be at Rosford Reserve, Smithfield in time to do a 2km warm-up, a few light drills & strides before the start at 7:00a.m.

It's a fairly tough course....I thought anyhow! The morning was blessedly cool and I really enjoyed the run; for one thing, the course is very much like what I train on at home : hills, long inclines and a few very welcome downhills. Faultless organization by everyone working to make this possibly the best series of runs over the Summer months and into June of next year.

21.1km
2:24:53
AHR 82%
5km splits ....36:01 (avg. 7:12p/k); 34:34 (avg. 6:54); 34:25 (avg. 6:53); 32:31 (avg. 6:30) 1.1k in 6:32 (avg. 11.16).


My program was for a long run of 20km so SMC half marathon fitted in nicely. I was able to upgrade from the 10km races I've been doing each month to the half marathon. Probably back to 10km next month, but good to be able to change around so easily.

An extremely loud shout of "Go Luckylegs!" from Cool Runner Thomo at the start got everyone off with a laugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment