Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Track at Chev.

Late start and hot! No whingeing...if I don't get up early, just put up with the heat...that's what I keep telling myself.

2km warm-up
Drills & strides
3 x 1600m @ 5:55 to 5:58 perkm.
Full recoveries between each... i.e. slightly less than running time.



I set Virtual Partner for 5:55 per/km pace and stayed slightly ahead of him during each repeat. This pleased VP no end and today he ran with what he would call a 'smile'!

1st 1600m in 9:29
Avg. pace 5:55
AHR 126 (80%); MHR 134 (85%)....full recovery

2nd 1600m in 9:29
Avg. pace 5:54
AHR 130 (82%); MHR 139 (88%)...full recovery

3rd 1600m in 9:27
Avg. pace 5:54
AHR 135 (85%); MHR 144 (91%)...10 minutes walking.


Pacing pretty good, thanks to VP's company! Before starting I had thought 3 x 1600m wasn't much at all; by the time I'd finished.....it was quite enough!

Back to the car....and it wouldn't start! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! I was hot & tired & not smiling; looking more like VP! About 20 minutes wait for the NRMA sitting in the shade of some big pine trees.....good! Flat battery.....bad!

I learned something that I'd never heard before from this mechanic with a nice Scottish accent : never leave your keys in the ignition. I had, because I'd parked beside the oval in the shade close to the track. He said doing so for any length of time could leave something turned on or might not be fully turned off, resulting in a flat battery; I'd never ever heard or thought of that. Lesson learned! Very nice man too!


Distance today 8km


No comments:

Post a Comment