Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bad Track Day!


....this is Virtual Partner waiting for me to finish each of the 5 x1200m repeats I ran at the track today!

Never had a worse session.......after every 800m legs went lactic so that in some of the repeats I was almost walking for the last 400m. I stopped at #3 and started to walk to the car to drive home. By the time I got to it I was feeling better & decided to walk around in the shade and then try for just one more. I did and it was the same as the others with VP waiting at the finish line!

I walked in disgust to the car again, walked around for 15 minutes in the shade & came up with the mind-boggling thought that I could just about do #5 and finish. Same again- VP way ahead and waiting patiently at the finish!

I had done this session, with one less repeat, in early December and all were completed in under 7 minutes. Here's today's effort :-

2km warm-up
6 minutes drills & strides.
5 x 1200m @ 5:55 to 5:52 min/km

I had VP set for 5:52 pace.

6:53 MHR 140 (88%)....5:56 pace
7:33 MHR 146 (92%)....6:17
7:04 MHR 148 (93%)....5:53
7:23 MHR 141 (89%)....6:08
7:32 MHR 142 (90%)....6:16


It would help I suppose if I didn't leave it till 11:00a.m to start. Thunderstorms and heavy rain the previous afternoon made for heat and high humidity....both gave VP a chance to get even....and he did with resounding success!

8km today.

3 comments:

  1. You will do better next time Norma. Just forget about it and do the next session. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be hard on yourself Norma. It's just one session, run under tough (weather) conditions. Tomorrow is another day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. VP is a mean taskmaster. You'll get your revenge!

    ReplyDelete