Sunday, February 07, 2010

Long Run..

I had 24km to run today at 6:57 to 7:06 min/km I did the run, but nowhere near the pace. It's beginning to seem that anything over21 to 22km is where I start to fall apart. Today was no exception. I can't see another marathon in these legs!

The morning was perfect, cool and light rain, but sufficient to get soaked!

I ran a 9km loop on Bong Bong and Radio Road; back to the car for a gel and water and then onto Old South Road and Diamond Fields Road for a 16km loop which made the run 25km as I still had an extra kilometre to go to get back to the car again, parked in the school grounds, Radio Road.

By this time I was thoroughly and comprehensively defeated! I sat down, put my head on my lap and sobbed with the sheer relief of being able to to be in any position other than vertical! At home, after showering, I was too exhausted to eat, so lay on the bed, unable to sleep, but just pleased to be horizontal. I did have my usual glass of milk with Sustagen Sport first!

So......25km
Time 3hours 18 minutes
Avg. pace 7:57; Best 5:14
AHR 113 (72%); MHR 130 (82%)
5km splits 40:16; 36:52; 39:55; 39:44; 42:06


I didn't run with VP today for obvious reasons...he'd have had the last laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same feeling after 23k, and my old legs are a few years younger than yours!

    Poor Virtual Partner - today was to be his day in the sun ;)

    ReplyDelete