Sunday, March 21, 2010

SMC 10km


Six down and three to go! Another 10k this morning and second best time so far, which means I'd very much like to get below January's 62 minutes.

I left home at 5:30 a.m and drove in pitch darkness all the way to Smithfield. If it hadn't been for "TomTom" I'd still be going around roundabouts! I took a wrong exit from one of many and immediately told to "turn around when you can"! A couple of lefts and rights and I was back on track and, without much loss of time, at Rossford Reserve.

The 10km went well and I know I can go out a bit harder in the first 5km next month; I did that today and finished 2 minutes ahead of last month's time of 65 minutes. After a 2km warm-up, a few drills and strides........

10km in 1:03:15

Average pace 6:18 ( which was exactly what I had the Garmin set at!)
Best pace 5:01

AHR 134 (84%); MHR 148 (93%)

5km splits : 32:24 (wanted to run 31:30); and 30:41.


All runners as they cross the timing mat get to pull a number from a hat. Last month I drew #1 which means I have new Nike VomeroIV trainers; today I won a box of 6 Easter Eggs with flavours such as "Toffee Crunch, Pure White, Abstract Heaven, Pure Dark, Strawberries & Cream and Abstract Orange"!

I always believed heaven was real but now I know it's only 'abstract'!

I wore the Nike Lunar Glide Racers for the run this morning and they were so light I felt I might become airborne by just a puff of wind! I very much like these shoes for short, fast runs....might even use them for the CRRF Half Marathon in May.

I have only three more chances to get under that 62 minutes for 10km!


2 comments:

  1. 63:15! That's an awesome time for a 43-year-old. No wonder you have so many secret fans.

    The Garmin view is a bit different to the usual Mittagong ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you won again!!!

    What will next month's prize be?

    Great run though Norma! See you next time.

    ReplyDelete