Friday, May 07, 2010

Thrashed by Virtual Partner!

What a perfect Autumn day!  Just sheer pleasure to be out today : no wind, warm sun and Autumn colours everywhere and VP took advantage of the conditions to give me a good thrashing!

 10km Tempo Run.

3.5km easy.
5km with VP set to run 6:12min/km.
1.5km easy.

It didn't quite turn out like that though!  Where I'd been doing most runs on flattish roads in the lead up to CRRF, it was time now to attack the hills before SMH Half Marathon on May 16th.  With that in mind I set off, after the warm-up, to Diamond Fields Road where there are hills aplenty and it was there VP had his 34 minutes of glory!

The flat and downhills were OK, but I couldn't keep up with Virtual Partner running up the hills.  He sprinted away keeping the same pace throughout and, to add insult to injury, finished the 5km nearly 600m in front of me!

5km in 34:30
Avg. Pace 6:54! 
AHR 129 (81%);  MHR 138 (87%) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment