Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Change of Pools


 
 
 
At around mid-day I drove across to Henley Brae and had the pool to myself again.  The water temperature here is much cooler than the pool I used in Bowral yesterday.


Today's session:
5 minutes warm-up
30 minutes hard!
5 minutes cool-down.

This session was more mentally hard than physically.  However, with no one in the pool I was able to run across, up, down and across...over and over again. Like a rectangular track!  For the cool-down I did some flat-footed marching and then swam a few laps.  Altogether a really good workout!


I've forgotten to mention that I'm following Pete Pfitzinger's 9 week Water Running Schedule, hoping that I don't have to get through the entire 9 weeks before running once more.  However, I'm enjoying the pool work so much that I'll make it one of the two cross-training days when I start back on the road.  Only eleven more days until I see the Orthopaedic Surgeon!



2 comments:

  1. Pretty blog LL. You are pretty tech savy, and seem to have far too much free time with your injury ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Scott...far too much free time to mess around in!

    ReplyDelete