Wednesday, November 24, 2010



All going to plan and I now have what the physiotherapist called "a perfect vastus medialis"!! She also had me using balancing equipment in the gym & I was pretty good at it too!  A fairly hard session though, but nothing I couldn't manage!


I followed up with about 30 minutes in the pool by myself.  The session was:

5 minutes warm-up
6 x 2:30 Hard
30 second recoveries
5 minutes cool-down.

The water temperature was so high that, by the time I'd finished, my face was as red as a lobster! 


By some strange means, everyone in the Physiotherapy department has learned that I still can run a marathon at 81!   One of the young male physiotherapists was in the pool with a couple of patients and asked if he could tell everyone my age and what I do!  Of course, I said 'Yes'!  When I told him I power walked 10km yesterday - just 10 days after surgery - he put his head under water!!  So, as well as a good workout, I also had a good laugh!














2 comments:

  1. Great to see you back walking Norma. Keep at it, but don't push too hard to run again. Patience, patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Paul! Will take heed of your good advice.

    ReplyDelete