Sunday, January 16, 2011

Something 'Funny' Happened on My



 Certainly something strange happened.to my Garmin during today's run!  I was dying on my feet at 11.5km and every time I looked at the watch face it still showed the distance as 11.5k; it never seemed to move on! I didn't give it much thought; either I was in a worse state than I felt....very likely, or time was standing still...sure seemed like it  - or something weird was going on with the Mr G-armin...well, someone has to take the blame!  I was more dead than alive by 11km so I decided to finish at 11.5k and not push ahead for 13km as per program.

The strange/funny thing was that after transferring the run to the computer at home, it showed I'd run 13.4km....0.4 more than I should have!  I'll take it for sure!  I started at 9:20am and the day just got hotter and more humid especially on the wet grass with hardly any shade and I got quite sunburned; hence an early finish...or so I thought!  I hope Mr G-armin recovers more quickly than I probably will!

I ran 10km barefoot on the nicely mowed track in the soccer field and have to say that by the time I stopped I felt pretty much like I do after completing a marathon!  For the last 3km I put socks and Newtons on and tried out on the road....no knee problems there either!  Wee Hee!  However, it was such a hard and mostly difficult run that I wonder if I'll ever get to the stage of running even a half marathon again;  I have so much to make up for if today's run is any measure of my fitness...or more like lack of it!  Anyhow, now that I've got all that off my chest:

This is what I should have done:

13km @7:13 min/km.

BUT 


This is what I did:

13.4km @ avg. pace 7:55 min/km....see what I mean?  So slow!
AHR 79%; MHR..off the scale @ over 100%!  Wouldn't surprise me if that was correct!

Well, that's Week One completed and only seventeen more to do!

I'm so exhausted, wrung out, weary - in other words, just plain tired! - that I'm taking my book to bed and resting for.......I won't say how long!

1 comment:

  1. Oh LL - it was just so hot today. You needed to run before 7am or after 8pm and sometimes that is just impossible. It's going to be another scorcher tomorrow so have a rest day. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete