Friday, February 25, 2011

A Different Trial Time

Program:
1.5km easy
3.5km @ MT (mid tempo) pace (6:38 min/km)...I ran avg. 7:19pace; (best 5:49)
1.5k easy
3.5k @ MT pace (6:38 min/km)...I ran avg. pace 6:50; (best 5:27)
1.5km easy

I particularly liked being able to have two 'easy' runs between the faster ones!  I haven't done a Time Trial like this before so it was good to have some variety in the program.  However,VP was ahead when I should have been in both 3.5km sections!

I ran ( bare foot) on the grass in Renwick soccer field which had been mowed earlier in the morning, so good to run on.  Being a bit of a sook, I ran the last 3.5km on the road outside the soccer field but with shoes on;  then back on the grass for the last 1.5km and some stretching.

I can't say it was an easy tempo run, just different.  Weather good, but hot running with no shade in the oval.


Total :  11km

No comments:

Post a Comment