Sunday, February 06, 2011

Early Long Run....

Yes, It was an early start!  When the alarm rang at 5:00am I thought I was in the middle of a horrible nightmare in which a loud evacuate the house alarm - like it's burning down  - was loudly sounding out!  You can't imagine my fright!

No wonder that I bounded out, almost awake and stumbled blindly to where I had laid out my running gear the night before.  This must not happen too often or else my heart may have an attack!

I dressed quickly while having a cup of tea, did the bathroom thing(!) and drove to Renwick school and began  my run at exactly 5:45am.  It was pitch dark when I left home but enough light to begin my run by the time I'd done the usual 'loosening up' exercises.

As last week, I'd decided on the Inkerman Road loop where there is plenty of shade and no traffic to speak of, certainly not at that hour!  There was a coolish breeze so running was pleasant even though the real cool change hadn't come through at that time.  It did later and now the temperature is a glorious 15 degrees!

I had no trouble with my run....knee seems to be all good!

Program:
15km @ 7:23 min/km

What I did:

15km @ Avg. 7:40 min/km in 1:55:20
Best pace 5:49 min/km
5km laps = 39:59;  38:00;  37:17 
Last 3km on grass in the soccer field in bare feet.....lov-er-ly!


When it came to transferring the run to the computer, Garmin sent a message saying there was a problem with the ANT application and to go to the clipboard, paste in the error and then e-mail it to them!

CLIPBOARD?  Never heard of it!  Googled how to find it; that worked; then couldn't paste error onto stupid clipboard; some time later it appeared on stupid clipboard, then couldn't copy it to e-mail, so I made up my own procedure by sending the stupid clipboard message to the desktop and from there sent, what I hope was on the stupid clipboard message, to Garmin!  Never had this happen before so I had to manually upload my run to the computer and some data eg HR is missing.

HOWEVER......I had a good 15km run which is all that matters I suppose! 

Edit: 6:22 pm : OOPS!  Having just looked at GC again, I now find my long run is there in its entirety!


 

2 comments:

  1. Starting your early run with a heart attack wouldn't be a good idea ;) Nice progression on the laps - and a happy knee - all's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I just loved that report LL. Mr B asked me what was funny cos I couldn't stop smiling. I still can't! I can so relate to that startling wake-up call from the alarm. I CAN imagine your fright!!At least you had a lovely run in cool temps and got it out of the way nice and early:)

    ReplyDelete