Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Pool.....

Glow text generator
After a rest day yesterday, I was looking forward to my Wednesday track session.  However, the continuing horribly high temperatures put an end to that.  No way was I going to risk being out running in 32 degrees!  Not any more!

Instead, I took myself across to Henley Brae pool for this intervals session:

5 min warm-up
1 min hard, 1 min easy;  2 min hard, 1 min easy;  3 min hard, 1 min easy;  4 min hard, 1 min easy;  5 min hard, 1 min easy; 4 min hard, 1 min easy;  3 min hard, 1 min easy;  2 min hard, 1 min easy;  1 min hard.
5 min cool-down 

Total
Time 43 min.


I used foam dumbells -  which become quite heavy under water - for an upper body workout at the same time.

Probably not as productive a session as when done on the track, but better than nothing and certainly so much more pleasant in the water on such a hot day.  I can't recall a week such as this and  I'll be so glad when 'normal' temperatures return to the Southern Highlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment