Friday, February 18, 2011

Time Trials Are Not Easy!

I'm nowhere near the running level I was at this time last year!  So frustratingly slow this morning;  I couldn't keep anywhere near the pace, especially in the second half.  Late start at 10:15 am  - not that that's unusual  - but it was so humid and hot;  I even took a few walk breaks on the return because I started to feel a bit squeamish...possibly the weather and the course was far from flat.  Altogether, I was very disappointed in the results and very cross with myself!

Program:
10km Time Trial  @ 6:47 min/km.

I used the first 2km to warm-up.

5km out from Radio Road to Old South Road
Time =  35:36
Avg. Pace 7:02 min/km 

5km back 
Time = 42:10
Avg. Pace 8:32!!!! This is terrible!

Total  =  10  too slow kilometres!

4 comments:

  1. That IS terrible! If you were a student handing in that standard of homework your teach would make you write 100 lines. Or give you six cuts of the cane!

    Just chalk it down to a bad day. We all have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but I'm having too many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to be fair on yourself - running when it's so hot and humid isn't going to give you a very accurate idea of where you're at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Char! I've always been pretty hard on myself; maybe it's time to lighten up!

    ReplyDelete