Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Giving Myself a Push....

Reluctantly, because it was so cold and windy, I forced myself back to a running session this morning, the first since Jim passed away, a little over four weeks ago.  Since then I've been walking with my two little dogs twice each day, and today I felt it was time to try and get myself back on track.  And track it was at Chev. where I did my first session.  I've started with the FIRST 15km program, three running sessions each week (Track, Tempo Run & Long Run) and two days  cross training.

It was miserable at Chev with a strong cold wind blowing across the field so I made some changes to shorten the session which was also miserably slow.

Program:  10-20 min warm-up
10 x  400m @ 5:37m/k
10 min cool-down

What I did:
10 min warm-up and couple of strides
5 x 400m in a very slow  6:01;  5:54;  6:00; 5:53;  5:57
No cool-down;  I was  freezing.

If I achieved nothing else, a start has been made.

7 comments:

  1. TA & Gnome, thank you. I so much need and appreciate your support now to keep going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back LL. So lovely to hear you have made a start even if you chose what must have been the coldest day of the year! Brrrr - that was brave. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear Norma. Bruce was asking about you tonight (not Gnome, the other Bruce). Wondered if you were doing SMH half, but obviously not. He'll miss cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was cold up here, so can only imagine what it was like for you down there.

    Warms my heart though to see you back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good on you for getting back out there...it was freezing in Canberra so must have been considerably colder for you...

    you are made of stern stuff LL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you strewth, Ewen, Robert Song & allrounder; every kind thought gives me the encouragement I need to keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete