Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Shorter Long Run

Today's long run was a bit on the short side   - Program 14 km at 7:40m/k  -  so I made it a hilly one by running up, up and up Old South Road and then  up and down the rolling hills along Range Road for 15:27km.  It was a perfect Autumn morning, sunny, a light breeze, hardly any traffic.  I figure if I run these hills often enough, they must begin to feel easier......eventually!  So....


15.27km 
Time 2 hours
Avg. pace 7:58m/k; best 5:49m/k
AHR 118 (74%)  MHR 135 (84%)
5km splits 43:52;  38:41;  37:11


Back at the start  -  Renwick school  -   I finished off by drinking lots of icy water and then the usual stretches. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely hilly run. If your weather was like ours today it would have been perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. My new passport has arrived and Dave's is on its way!! Some things obviously can't be replaced but we're getting there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shorter long runs are my favourite long runs. 2 hours or so seems just right.

    ReplyDelete