Sunday, October 30, 2011

Starting All Over Again!


Finally felt well enough to try my legs on the road this morning.  Perfect sunny day - at last - with a cool breeze.  For the next four to five weeks I plan to run short distances each day, disregarding time and pace but keeping heart rate around 75% until I get the hang of things again after another long break...thanks to bronchitis!

Today, starting from Renwick School and then through the new Renwick housing development, I wheezed my way  through the quiet streets with not another soul in sight.  I was pleased to be out on such a lovely day and at least a new start has been made, albeit a very slow one.  I walked short breaks whenever heart rate reached more than 75%....which was often!

9km
AHR 74%;  MHR 83%

2 comments:

  1. About time we heard from you! Good stuff. You've timed 'starting over' well to coincide with warmer weather and the end of the magpie season.

    Hey, I found this page of another 80+ runner - don't know if you've seen it before: http://www.myroadtoromethebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Ewen. I hadn't seen it before. Wonder what her times look like? Maybe I should write a book!

    ReplyDelete