Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Full Monty!

I missed last week's longish run due to the fact that I spent all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday using a pressure cleaner around and all over the house.  It started by my thinking that only the pavers needed doing, but as one thing leads to another when one starts any sort of cleaning, I water blasted anything in sight : the front driveway, all guttering, eaves, windows, doors, bricks, paths, steps,  trellis, lattice, garden furniture and tubs and, finally, the pavers....I had done the full monty.....of a different kind!

 Have to say I didn't realize until I started just how grubby everything was but all is now sparkling bright!  Three full days....but strangely I enjoyed doing it. I'm calling it 'cross-training' because it's the most upper body work I've ever done!

Today, I decided to do last week's longish run rather than the track session set down for today.  I need distance  right now, speed will come later, I hope!
Today's Run


Last Week's Long Run : Workout #3 :   15km @ HMP + 12 sec/km (i.e. 7:50 m/k)

Starting at the school, Bong Bong Street, Old South Road and Diamond Fields Road...called in to wish Tom and Patricia a happy Xmas and then met another couple from a property further on and had a chat with them too.


15km;  avg. pace 7:55m/k;  quite cool and overcast.

2 comments:

  1. I used to include gardening in my weekly points totals, when I was doing my exercise in the old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased to know I'm not alone in counting gardening as a form of cross-training, Friar! It's darned hard work!

    ReplyDelete