Sunday, January 22, 2012

Workout #3 - Long Run

Along lovely Diamond Fields Road...



One of many hills!


I waited until the rain stopped and then started my run at 11:00am.  A good day weather wise - overcast, nice breeze, 20 degrees and only slightly humid.

So why was I so tired for the return 8km?  Not a good night's sleep Saturday; lately I've been awake until 3, 4 or even 5'oclock before getting to sleep. No wonder then that I sleep in!

Why were the soles of my feet so sore?  Never felt this particular pain before!  Just about all others are quite familiar by now, but not sore soles of both feet.  Walked some of the hills...most of them to be truthful!

Program:  16km @ HMP+12sec/km (7:50)

Result:  16km in 2:11:57
Avg. Pace 8:15m/k  AHR 109 (70%);  MHR 130 (82%).
5km splits = 40:14;  40:29;  42:36;    (8:37)

2 comments:

  1. What stunning places you run LL - gorgeous photos. Are your shoes due to be replaced? Perhaps the soles (of the shoes I mean) are wearing. Do hope it's not anything more sinister than that. Try another pair of shoes just to see if it makes any difference:)Oh and don't drink coffee or eat chocolate before bed - tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate? Haven't eaten any in ages....I must get some! Yum!

    Yes, I'm very lucky to have such beautiful surroundings in which to run.

    And Yes, I've changed shoes, Strewth, and today was OK!

    ReplyDelete