Saturday, February 11, 2012

Long Run

21km!

Plenty of Water in all Creeks

After waking to lightning, thunder and heavy rain, I pulled the blanket back over my head and thought, "Goodie, I don't have to get up!"  Within minutes the storm vanished, the sun came out and I had no excuse to delay starting the longest run in a fairly long time.
Wearing Their Weekend White Waistbands!

Program :  21km @ 7:58m/k

14km loop on Diamond Fields Road
7km loop through Renwick streets.

Time 2:41:24
Avg. Pace 7:41m/k
Splits (1km 7:29);  5k splits 40:40;  40:51;  40:33;   35:57

Back at the school after 14km I stopped for a drink of water and then set off for the last 7km.  I think the last 5 kilometres were the fastest because I could see lightning and hear thunder rolling in over the ranges.

I felt good for all of this run....amazingly!  And no walking uphills at all!

1 comment: