Sunday, February 26, 2012

Longest Run in a Long While!

Today's Long Journey!

The program was for 22.5km.


That's the longest long run since I can't remember when!  As usual, first I ran 14km on Diamond Fields Road where I walked all the hills, fearing I'd have too little left to finish with!  I'm OK with walk breaks on these longer runs;  it's time on feet that counts for me so I still consider it as part of training for endurance.

I stopped back at the school for a long drink of water before heading to Renwick for the last 8.5km; here I didn't walk at all....mostly flat!  

Have to admit I was dead tired at the end of 22.5km!

22.5km in 3:05:37.......no wonder I was tired!
5km Laps :  42:01;  41:44;  41:25;  38:03......and 2.5km in 19:23

I had a look at next week's long run and it's only 16km!!  Big sigh of relief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment