Sunday, February 05, 2012

Workout #3......Long Run

I started late at 11:00am today.  The main reason being I have spent so much time playing around with my lovely new rose coloured netbook!  The ASUS EeePC.....thank you, Ewen and Strewth for steering me in the direction of this little beauty!  I was in love with it the minute I saw it!  How cute can a computer get?

Now, today's run:

20km in 2:50:40.......slow, but it was very hot; I stopped for a lengthy chat with a woman on horseback on Diamond Fields Road and walked the uphills.

14km on DF Road
Return to school for water......so thirsty!
6km running around the soccer field.......ran the long sides like strides and walked the short sides to recover.  That was the only way I was going to complete 20km!

In the soccer field I removed shoes and socks and ran in barefeet on the cool, damp grass which included a couple of puddles to keep the feet cool on each round!  I was never so pleased to finish a run!

20km total.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting - you bought one and rose coloured. How awesome is that! I'm really really happy for you. I just know you will love it! Woo hoo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Strewth, and metallic rose coloured! I do love it and it's as pretty as any rose in the garden!

    ReplyDelete