Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Shorter Long Run

13k throughout Renwick streets

The flat........

.....and an incline.  I started on road just visible in top right corner.


With only two weeks till Canberra Half Marathon, this morning's run has been shortened;  same for next week's.

The Program  :  13km @ 7:34m/k.

Knowing there were less kilometres to run today, I decided to try to run faster than the program said (7:34m/k) and nearer to half marathon pace (6:38m/k)...brave decision but I didn't quite do that!  I was close though.
 
  • I did the entire run, except for 2km from the school, within the quiet streets of Renwick.  I chose this because it gave me a variety of terrain  :  some flat sections, long inclines as well as a few shorter ones......all the essential ingredients needed to finish preparations for Canberra in two weeks' time. 
This is how it turned out:

13km in 1:31:29
Avg . Pace 7:02m/k
AHR 120 (75%);  MHR 135 (85%)
5k splits :  35:14;  34:45; (3km 21:29).

What a brilliant day it is, everywhere I hope, but certainly here in the Southern Highlands : clear, blue skies, slightest breeze and warm, friendly sunshine.  I don't think it could be any better than it is here right now!

Just 32km this week on the 3 key workouts.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't it make a difference when the sun shines! We had a perfect day in Canberra too. Fingers crossed it's like this in two weeks' time. So looking forward to seeing you again although two weeks away sounds a bit scary as far as the marathon goes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be fantastic! No need to be scared....although I always was before a marathon!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a nice quite venue for a long run - much safer than Range Road! It'll be a shame when they fill it up with houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will and to think that for years I used to roam all over that area with my dogs when it had hills and cattle grazing. I suppose it's called 'progress'!

      Delete