Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weak in the Upper Story..or....

 ...'Apartment to Let"!


I couldn't account for feeling at a stage of collapse in today's tempo run, until much later at home I looked at Garmin Connect and saw what poverty of intellect truly means in my case!

This is what I should have done according to my program :  TEMPO RUN......

1.5k easy; 3.5k  @ MT pace (6:50m/k); 1.5k easy; 3.5k @ MT pace; 1.5k easy.

However, this is what I did :  

1.5k easy; 3.5k @ MT pace; 1.5k easy; 3.5k @ MT pace; 1.5k easy; 3.5k @ MT pace; 1.5k easy.

Spot the difference?  And I couldn't work out why I was almost stumbling to finish!  I knew I'd done this tempo run before (the correct version) and yet here I was thinking:  what on earth is wrong with me today, etc. etc

I was dying for water by the last 3.5k and luckily found a hose in the grounds of a sand and gravel workplace.  To top it all off, the man in charge gave me a short but concise lecture about the perils of running in the hot part of the day!  It was after mid-day by then and the day had become hot and very humid.

After all that carry on, there are some results....good and bad for the three x 3.5km @ 6:50m/k.....


(1) Avg. pace 6:47m/k (6:51, 6:42, 6:33 + 3:42).  AHR 84%.
(2) Avg. pace 6:45m/k (6:43, 6:49, 6:52 + 3:12).  AHR 82%.
(3) Avg. pace 7:20m/k (7:03, 7:43, 7:21 + 3:29.   AHR 82%.


Grand Total 16.5km.


Warning for Ewen  :  Don't you dare say what you're thinking! 




 







 

4 comments:

  1. OK, I won't.

    But while I'm here, I have a good test for your second story...

    Blogger has changed things so I can't subscribe to get future comments via email as you have things at the moment, but...
    If in Settings, Comments, you select 'embed below post' for the comment box I will be able to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! I've learned something new today! All new tricks appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewen made me do that too and it's cool cos people can reply to particular comments - fun! AND all I can say re your blog entry is that I'm impressed at that workout even if it was accidentally too long:)

      Delete
    2. I just had to try this neat trick out....yes, cool!

      Delete