Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Workout #1.....Track

Track session on the road at Renwick.

Program  :  10-20 min warm-up 
                    5 x 1km @ 6:14m/k
                    400m RI
                    10 min cool-down.

It was a beautiful morning : sunny, warm, nice breeze coming through the streets of Renwick where I ran this session.  I had one long stretch of 700m to a roundabout and then 3oom back along the same road.  I had Garmin 1km vibration set so I had only to feel that on my wrist and stop on the spot....it turnd out to be 1.1 k each time....the .1 must have been when skidding to a full stop!

Results    :   2km warm-up
                    5 x 1km.......5:58;  5:57;  5:56;  5:52;  5:42         
                    400m walking RI between each
                    2km cool-down.

I thought this was a good track-on-road session.  For all five repeats I kept ahead of VP ! 

Road course for 5x1km repeats.
Total 9km. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good course - better check your brakes after all that skidding. Quick times! Ruth rarely sees a sub-6 kilometre these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not wrong Ewen. LL you are likely to finish your half before I reach the halfway point at the marathon at this rate. You're running so well. I think I'll borrow your program next time!!

      Delete
    2. No need for you to worry on that score, strewth! I couldn't keep that pace up beyond 1km......you can! Nice of Ewen, though, to compare me with someone of your running prowess...good for the ego!

      Delete