Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Track on the Road...Workout #2

My Very Own Track!

Again I used Radio Road for this track workout.  I've become so used to it now I doubt that I'll bother driving to Bowral to use the grass track at Chevalier College.  The street, though not as soft as grass would be, does have other advantages, not the least of which is access to toilet and drinking facilities;  others include shade and being able to seek medical attention if needed!

 Like this morning.....after the first few repeats I could feel that one of my toes might be blistering, not wearing socks.  Removing my shoe, I could see the skin had rubbed off the top of one of my toes, so into the school office I took myself, presented my bloodied toe and was given some band aids and sympathy in return and the session continued without further mishap.  Magical things band aids! I didn't want to get blisters now; they take so long to heal.

Today's program:

10-20 min warm-up
2 x (4x400m) in 2:27/6:07
400m RI and 2:30min between sets.
10 min cool-down.

I did 2km warm-up + 4 strides
2:26/6:05;  2:21/5:54;  2:22/5:54;  2:23/5:56;  2:27/6:06;  2:21/5:56;  2:20/5:53;  2:20/5:53
1km cool-down + a big drink of water!

The morning was very warm, full sun and no clouds, but I had plenty of shade.  The session was quite OK and I had no problem keeping ahead of VP - who was running at 6:07m/k - for all 8 repeats! 

Total  ....6.2km

2 comments:

  1. Poor VP! He's running faster than Strewth but still getting thrashed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, that leaves me no alternative other than to try and slow down!!

      Delete